Philadelphia Car Accident Lawyers: Thanksgiving Holiday Travel Tips
November 9, 2015
Travel delays and traffic jams are part of the holiday ritual to see loved ones at Thanksgiving. Planning in advance can ease travel headaches and reduce the risk of a car accident with some research and preparation. With the following travel tips, you can make your trip a positive memory rather than a frustrating one.
Air, Train or Bus Travel
- Try to book your ticket as early as possible if traveling by plane, train, or bus. Check restrictions regarding luggage and pack light as to not pay a fee for baggage.
- Arrive early for departure and leave plenty of time to allow for traffic delays along the way and security checks.
- Also keep in mind that flu season is upon us and to be mindful when touching handrails, door handles and other items where germs can easily spread.
Passenger Vehicle Travel
- Busiest days on the nation’s highways are the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and the Sunday after; try to travel on different days.
- Research roadways that normally have heavy congestion, construction zones and road closures or detours.
- Have an alternate route planned or use a GPS and have a road map available to plan for changes along the way.
- Check the weather reports and prepare for the long trip with snacks, water, blankets and emergency equipment such as flashlights and ice scrapers.
- Inspect your vehicle to ensure it is in good operating condition and the maintenance is up to date.
- Have a cell phone with a charger and roadside assistance phone number handy.
- Schedule your route with plenty of time to arrive safely.
- Do not speed, do not text and drive and do not drive impaired.
- Drive defensively and be cautious of aggressive and reckless drivers on the road.
With driving being the more affordable option for families, most Americans will take to the nations’ roadways this Thanksgiving. However you decide to travel, take some deep breaths, stay positive and focus on reaching your destination safely in order to enjoy the holiday with family and friends.
Philadelphia Car Accident Lawyers at Nerenberg Law Associates, P.C. Aggressively Advocate For Car Accident Victims
More travelers on the nation’s highways during the holidays increases the risk for car accidents. Philadelphia car accident lawyers from Nerenberg Law Associates, P.C. will inform you of your rights and pursue compensation for your injuries and losses. Call us today at 215-569-9100 to schedule a free case review or submit an online inquiry.